2009 Best Bikini Body Countdown
Sculpt your body with these killer workout routines for the best bikini body ever.
Do each of these workout routines once a week, in addition to the Metabolism Booster Bikini Body Cardio Workout. Supplement these with 30 to 60 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise on two other days (so you’re doing cardio five days a week). Follow the rate of perceived exertion, or RPE, where 1 is lying on the couch and 10 is going all-out as if you were sprinting for the bus.
Butt workout # 1: shape up your rear view
Moving in different planes and directions—forward, up and down, and sideways—engages more of your lower body muscles . Translation: You get all-around toning, which leads to seriously slimmer thighs and a round, firm backside.
Butt workout # 2: shape up your rear view stair workout
Find a staircase with at least one flight. (We like to do this workout in a stairwell or at a track with bleachers.) Then:
- Run (or walk) up and down the first flight one step at a time.
- Take the next flight two steps at a time (jog down in between if you only have one flight).
- Stand with your right side closest to the steps and step up two at a time crossing left foot over right—start with one step at a time until you get the hang of it or if the steps you’re using are deep and/or wide.
- Jog down and switch sides.
- Repeat from the beginning for 18 minutes.
- Follow that with 15 to 20 minutes on your favorite cardio machine at RPE 5 to 6.
- Cool down for 5 minutes at RPE 4.
Keep going! Bonus fitness tips:
Now that you’re fitter, your body’s become more efficient at burning fat. We love that but you don’t want to rest on your laurels. This month you’re ready to sustain the hard intensity bouts for a few minutes at a time. Find extra healthy diet and fitness tips here: