When it comes to having the perfect healthy dip, appetizer or sandwich spread, it doesn't get much better than hummus. And with so many healthy hummus varieties and ways to nosh on it, it never gets boring either! Read on for five healthy hummus recipes that you just have to try this summer.
Healthy Hummus Recipes
1. Guilt-Free Hummus. If you like your hummus basic, try this Guilt-Free Hummus recipe that serves two and takes less than five minutes to make!
2. Crunchy Hummus Wrap. A healthy lunch is as simple as a whole wheat tortilla wrapped up with some veggies, avocado and — you guessed it — hummus! Try this healthy hummus wrap today.
3. Grilled Vegetables and Hummus on Whole-Grain Baguette. Nothing says summer like grilling! For this healthy hummus recipe, take some whole-grain baguette and top it with grilled vegetables and homemade or store-bought hummus for a light and tasty meal.
4. Spiced Red-Pepper Hummus. If plain hummus recipes bore you, whip up a batch of this Spiced Red-Pepper Hummus that uses hot sauce, red peppers and olives to spice things up!
5. Chipotle Hummus. If you're a bigger fan of smoke flavor than just heat, try this Chipotle Hummus recipe that is super delicious with baked pita chips and raw veggies!
So many yummy healthy hummus recipes to choose from! Happy noshing!
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.