- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 1 hour
- 11mg Sodium
- 30g Carbs
- 7g Fiber
- 8g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 2.5g Protein
- 26mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
This sweet-and-spicy salsa will upgrade any party tray or game-day spread. Serve with baked tortilla chips or eat it right out of the bowl with a spoon—it's tasty enough on its own!
- For salsa:
- 2 firm tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and diced
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For honey-lime dressing:
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons honey (add more if you like it sweeter)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all salsa ingredients in order listed, adding pepper to taste.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice and honey.
3. Pour honey-lime dressing over salsa and gently toss together. Chill for 15 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
Recipe provided by Diethood.com