- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 35 minutes
Amount per serving:
Total Calories: 250kcal
- 281mg Sodium
- 8g Carbs
- 1g Fiber
- 13g Fat
- 5g Saturated Fat
- 5g Sugars
- 26g Protein
- 116mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
Lean ground beef gets a flavor kick from chopped veggies and lime-spiked cilantro sauce made with creamy Greek yogurt.
NOTE: Nutrition score includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt, but does not include whole-wheat hamburger buns, sliced tomato, or romaine lettuce.
- For the cilantro sauce:
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- For the burgers:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, fresh or thawed frozen
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Sliced tomato and romaine lettuce
1. To make the cilantro sauce, place cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender and pulse, scraping down the sides as needed, until cilantro is finely chopped and ingredients are combined. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill.
2. Meanwhile, combine beef, scallions, bell pepper, corn, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix well, using your hands or a large spoon. Form into four patties about 3 ½ inches wide and half an inch thick.
3. Place patties on a lightly oiled grill and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of a burger reaches 160°F. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Split the buns and lightly toast on the grill. Place a burger, tomato slice, lettuce, and cilantro sauce between each bun to serve.