- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: less than 30 minutes
- 391mg (16%) Sodium
- 3g Carbs
- 0g Fiber
- 7g (11%) Fat
- 2g (9%) Saturated Fat
- 1g Sugars
- 26g Protein
- 30mg (3%) Calcium
- 3mg (17%) Iron
Red meat doesn't have to come packed with fat and calories. Try this lighter version of a good old-fashioned hamburger. It's perfect for your next backyard BBQ!
NOTE: Nutritional information does not include low-sugar, low-sodium barbecue sauce.
- 4 ounces lean ground buffalo meat
- 4 ounces lean ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low-sugar, low-sodium barbecue sauce
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Non-fat vegetable cooking spray
1. Mix all of the ingredients (except the cooking spray) in a large bowl.
2. Form the mixture into two patties.
3. Spray a barbecue grill or nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat to medium-high heat.
4. Place the patties on grill or skillet, and cook about 8 minutes per side (for medium), until cooked through.