22. Grapes, $0.75 per 1 cup serving, about $1.50 per pound : These sweet little treats are high in antioxidants, which may help reduce cholesterol. They’re a perfect snack when that sweet tooth rolls in; freeze them for a fresh alternative for popsicles!
23. Apples, about $0.50 to $0.75 per apple (depending on variety): It’ll keep the doctor away, so grab this superfood for a serving of vitamin C and cancer-fighting antioxidants. Snack with almond butter or add to a sandwich.
24. Bananas, $0.20 to $0.50 per banana, about $0.60 per pound or $2 per bunch : It’s time to go bananas for… bananas. Filled with fiber and potassium, these 100-calorie “snack-packs” may even help with that hangover. Enjoy sliced with peanut butter, or impress friends with banana ice-cream!
25. Kiwi, about $0.40 per kiwi: Fun fact: Kiwi’s are actually berries and are filled with vitamin C and fiber. Slice it up in that next fruit salad or enjoy straight up with a spoon.
26. Cantaloupe, $0.50 per ½ cup serving, about $3 per small melon: C is for cantaloupe and vitamin C. Filled with antioxidants, cantaloupe is cheap and makes a perfect spring or summer treat! Feeling creative? Freeze chunks of this sweet fruit for an extra-special warm weather snack.
27. Watermelon, $0.30 per 1 cup serving, $5 per melon : This feisty superfood may have Viagra-like effects, but it’s also guaranteed to be filled with vitamin C — a cancer fighting antioxidant that helps strengthen immunity and promote bone health. Slice em up and enjoy (or make a watermelon daiquiri).
28. Pears, $0.85 each, about $1.75 per pound (depending on variety): It’s not just an apple a day that may keep the doc away; white fleshy pears may help prevent strokes. They’re also full o’ fiber. Keep things mixed up and try the Barlett, Bosc, and Anjou varieties.
29. Oranges, $0.50 each, about $1 per pound (in family-sized pack): Oranges aren’t just about their vitamin C. This citrus fruit is also filled with fiber, folate, and potassium. Skip the glass and go with the whole fruit to surpass the excess sugar and get a healthy dose of antioxidants.