Creative ways to fit this superfood into your diet.
Soy beans may look small and unassuming, but they pack a powerful health punch! Not only is soy an anti-aging superfood, but it's been known to help lower cholesterol, alleviate symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes and night sweats, and even prevent certain types of cancer. Looking for a way to add more soy into your healthy diet? Here are five of our favorite ways to enjoy the age-erasing superfood:
1. Soy hot chocolate. The holidays may be over, but it's still cold outside! When nothing sounds better than curling up on your couch in front of the TV, whip up a mug of this spiced soy hot chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth without guilt.
2. In tofu form. Tofu is a great addition to almost any recipe--scrambled in an omelette, blended in a smoothie, or eaten as a main dish. We love this orange-miso-glazed tofu and edamame dinner recipe that's healthier (and tastier) than any takeout.
3. Soy milk. Deciding which milk in the dairy aisle is best for you can be overwhelming. Soy milk (especially chocolate soy milk) is not only delicious, but it makes a great post-workout snack. A University of Washington study found that drinks that blend carbohydrates and protein, such as chocolate soy milk, are more effective than protein alone at helping muscles repair themselves.
4. As a marinade or dressing. Use this orange-soy marinade to dress up a salad or a main dish.
5. As a dessert. Healthy and versatile! You can even put soy in decadent desserts like this vegan pumpkin pudding.