You can use your keyboard to see the next slide ( ← previous, → next)
A trip to the ladies room after eating beets can send an uninformed diner into panic mode! But as shocking as a rosy red toilet bowl may be, it turns out that beeturia—the condition where eating beets turns your pee and/or poop red—can be quite useful. While 14 percent of the population has a gene that makes this happen every time they eat beets, for the remaining 86 percent, beeturia means your body is low on iron. In addition to the tie-dyed bowel movements, chronic fatigue, heart palpitations, or pale skin are all reasons to talk to your doctor about getting tested for anemia.
Plus one adverse reaction that's not just strange, it's scary!
7 Healthy Foods with Bizarre Side Effects