- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 30 minutes
- Prep: 5-7 minutes
- Cook: 8 minutes
- 661mg (28%) Sodium
- 31g Carbs
- 17g Fiber
- 18g (28%) Fat
- 4g (18%) Saturated Fat
- 1g Sugars
- 34g Protein
- 54mg (5%) Calcium
- 4mg (24%) Iron
This spicy Mexican dish is piled high with vegetables.
- 8 6-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke seasoning
- 1 16-ounce package frozen pepper stir-fry mix (green, red, yellow bell peppers, and onion), thawed
- 3/4 pound lean roast beef (such as Healthy Choice), sliced into thin strips
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped (or 1 bag of any pre-cut romaine salad mix)
- 1 Haas avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- Olive-oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with olive-oil spray.
2. Place 4 tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of cumin. Bake for 8 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven; transfer to individual plates. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine remaining cumin, soy sauce, and liquid smoke. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add vegetable mix and cook for 3 minutes, until tender. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables from pan; set aside.
4. To the same pan, add roast beef and simmer for 2 minutes, until hot.
5. Top toasted tortillas with lettuce, then pepper stir-fry mixture and roast beef. Arrange avocado on top. Serve with additional tortillas on the side. (Additional garnish options: fat-free sour cream, salsa, jalapeños, hot sauce.)