- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 250mg (10%) Sodium
- 100g Carbs
- 7g Fiber
- 25g (38%) Fat
- 11g (56%) Saturated Fat
- 45g Sugars
- 11g Protein
- 79mg (8%) Calcium
- 4mg (23%) Iron
Minimal cooking is the trick to giving these cookies their soft, fudgy texture.
- 5 tablespoons lightly salted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried sweet cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (shiny side down).
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add corn syrup and beat until blended. Add egg, egg white, and vanilla; beat until creamy and smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Stir into butter mixture, adding cherries and pistachios.
4. Scoop teaspoons of dough onto baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool briefly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.