- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 15 minutes
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 2 minutes
- 1276mg (53%) Sodium
- 45g Carbs
- 6g Fiber
- 3g (5%) Fat
- 0g (2%) Saturated Fat
- 0g Sugars
- 31g Protein
- 108mg (11%) Calcium
- 4mg (20%) Iron
Satisfy your appetite with this spicy medley of seafood and colorful veggies.
- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Prepare couscous according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the shrimp and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Once the water boils (shrimp will be bright pink and cooked through; about 2-3 minutes), drain and plunge the shrimp into ice water.
3. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, cilantro, and coriander. Mix well. Add the shrimp and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the couscous to 4 plates and top with the shrimp mixture.