- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: under 30 minutes
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 10-12 minutes
- 946mg (39%) Sodium
- 35g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 20g (31%) Fat
- 4g (21%) Saturated Fat
- 1g Sugars
- 30g Protein
- 57mg (6%) Calcium
- 3mg (18%) Iron
This main dish is bursting with robust flavors.
Note: Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely-grated lemon zest
- 1 8-ounce salmon fillet, about 1-inch thick
- 2 cups chopped, fresh Swiss chard, rinsed well
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine quinoa and 1 cup water in a small saucepan and set pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Season to taste.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, ginger, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Set aside.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper and place in pan, skin side up. Cook two minutes. Flip and cook two more minutes. Add broth mixture and simmer 30 seconds. Arrange Swiss chard around salmon, cover pan, and cook one minute, until greens are wilted and salmon is cooked through. Serve half of the salmon and Swiss chard with half of the quinoa on the side.