- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 30 minutes
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10-12 mins
- 822mg (34%) Sodium
- 6g Carbs
- 0g Fiber
- 14g (22%) Fat
- 8g (39%) Saturated Fat
- 5g Sugars
- 34g Protein
- 284mg (28%) Calcium
- 3mg (16%) Iron
Note: Nutritional information does not include whole-wheat rolls.
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound extra-lean ground sirloin or ground buffalo (bison)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 1-inch cubes Gorgonzola or any blue cheese (about 4 ounces total)
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded cucumber
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 whole-wheat rolls
1. Coat a large grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium heat. In a large bowl, combine sirloin, salt and black pepper.
2. Shape mixture into 4 equal balls. Press 1 cube of Gorgonzola cheese into the center of each ball, covering cheese completely with meat. Shape balls into patties, each about 1 inch thick.
3. Add burgers to hot pan and cook 5–6 minutes per side, until cooked through (less for medium-rare meat).
4. Meanwhile, mix next 5 ingredients well in a small bowl. Place burgers on rolls and spoon 2 tablespoons yogurt sauce over each burger. Serve remaining sauce on the side.