- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 30 minutes
- Prep: 8-10 min
- Cook: 7 min
- 673mg (28%) Sodium
- 13g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 6g (10%) Fat
- 1g (6%) Saturated Fat
- 8g Sugars
- 28g Protein
- 78mg (8%) Calcium
- 2mg (12%) Iron
The chicken in this dish provides protein; the romaine and tomatoes, vitamins C and folate.
Note: Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
- 4 4-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium, nonfat chicken broth, divided
- 6 cups romaine lettuce leaves (in 2-inch pieces), rinsed, patted dry
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Preheat grill, broiler or grill pan. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes a side, or until done.
2. Meanwhile, puree cheese, mustard, oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and 1/4 cup broth in a blender until smooth. Add remaining broth (and 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste, if desired); puree.
3. In a large bowl, toss romaine with dressing. Divide among four plates. Thinly slice grilled chicken crosswise; arrange on romaine with tomatoes. Each serving equals to 1 chicken breast, sliced; 1 1/2 cups lettuce; 2 tablespoons dressing; 4 cherry tomatoes.