- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 22 minutes
- Cook: 6-8 minutes
- 424mg (18%) Sodium
- 23g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 7g (11%) Fat
- 1g (6%) Saturated Fat
- 16g Sugars
- 26g Protein
- 47mg (5%) Calcium
- 1mg (7%) Iron
You can make the salsa separately and serve with pork or with a white fish like halibut.
- 1 large lemon
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 1 pound
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 ripe medium peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño chili
1. Preheat grill or broiler. Zest lemon to make about 1 teaspoon; set aside. Juice lemon to make 4 tablespoons.
2. In a shallow bowl combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, garlic, 1½ teaspoons oil, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, coat both sides with marinade, and let sit.
3. In a medium bowl combine strawberries, peaches, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, lemon zest, and remaining lemon juice, honey, and oil.
3. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade). If using a grill, place chicken on a lightly oiled grill rack. If using a broiler, set chicken on a nonstick broiler pan and place rack 4 inches from heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 170°F. Divide chicken and salsa among 4 plates and serve.