- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: under 2 hours
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- 792mg (33%) Sodium
- 68g Carbs
- 3g Fiber
- 20g (30%) Fat
- 4g (19%) Saturated Fat
- 8g Sugars
- 35g Protein
- 167mg (17%) Calcium
- 4mg (25%) Iron
Nutrient-rich soba noodles make this an extra healthy dish. Top it off with grilled salmon and a flavorful edamame salad for an easy recipe that’s sure to impress.
Recipe courtesy of Lake Austin Spa Resort in Austin, TX.
- 12 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine (or dry white Vermouth)
- 2 tablespoons canned tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian chile sauce
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced water chestnuts
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoosn toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/4 pounds center-cut salmon fillet, sliced into 6 even squares
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add soba noodles and edamame. Cook for about 7 minutes or until soba is tender. (Soba noodles are very starchy, so stir frequently as they cook.) Drain soba noodles and edamame and rinse in colander under cold water until soba noodles are no longer sticky.
2. For the edamame salad dressing, place garlic and ginger in the work bowl of a food processor; process until minced. Add hoisin, rice wine, tomato sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and chile sauce. Process until blended.
3. Transfer soba noodles and edamame to a large bowl. Add carrot, water chestnuts, scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Pour on dressing and toss gently. Chill in refrigerator for about 3 hours or until cold.
4. Just before serving, preheat grill or broiler to medium. Place salmon, skin-side down, on a grill or foil-lined baking sheet. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until translucent. Transfer to a large plate to cool. Slip skin off salmon.
5. To serve, spoon a portion of the soba noodles and edamame salad onto each of 6 plates and arrange a square of grilled salmon on top.