- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 30 minutes
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- 419mg (17%) Sodium
- 49g Carbs
- 7g Fiber
- 8g (12%) Fat
- 2g (9%) Saturated Fat
- 4g Sugars
- 32g Protein
- 59mg (6%) Calcium
- 4mg (21%) Iron
Try this mouth-watering recipe for a tasty way to get selenium, niacin, and vitamin B-12 into your diet.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 4 4-ounce tuna steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup string beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill, grill pan, or broiler.
2. In a shallow dish, add 1/4 cup of rice vinegar to the sesame oil and hoisin sauce. Add tuna steaks and turn to coat. Grill or broil for 5-7 minutes per side.
3. Meanwhile, cook potatoes for 7 minutes in a large pot of rapidly boiling water. Add string beans and cook for 1-2 more minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender and string beans are crispy-tender. While still warm, toss with the remaining 1/4 cup of vinegar, red onion, and parsley. Add salt and pepper.
4. To serve, place 1 tuna steak on each plate next to 3/4 cup of warm new-potato salad.