Think your post-workout snack needs to be boring and healthy? Think again. This chocolate mint milkshake is so delicious that it feels more like an indulgent dessert (it tastes a lot like Thin Mints®!) rather than a way to get your post-workout protein in. (Can't get enough of your fave Girl Scout Cookies? Try these desserts inspired by your fave flavors.)
The recipe, courtesy of trainer Jaime McFaden, is high in protein, making it a great option to refuel and repair muscles after a tough strength-training sesh. (More on why you need protein after an intense workout.)
Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup Arctic Zero mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 drop peppermint extract OR 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 cup almond milk (or another milk of your choice)
- Add ice to the blender, then the Arctic Zero ice cream, and either the peppermint extract or mint leaves.
- Add the chocolate whey protein and milk.
- Blend all ingredients for 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on preferred thickness. For a thicker smoothie, blend for less time.
There are thousands of fitness, yoga, meditation, and healthy cooking classes waiting for you on Grokker.com, the one-stop shop online resource for health and wellness. Plus Shape readers get an exclusive discount—only $9/month (over 40 percent off! Check 'em out today!