Featuring bright, bold layers of natural color, this smoothie combines superfoods like blueberries, banana, avocado, spinach, and hemp hearts.
What better way to start your morning or fuel your afternoon than with a delicious, nutrient-dense smoothie? Featuring bright, bold layers of natural color, this smoothie recipe combines superfoods like blueberries, banana, avocado, spinach, and hemp hearts. (Related: This Ombré Dragon Fruit Smoothie Makes for the Dreamiest Morning Ever)
The recipe is dairy and gluten-free and packs an awesomely punch of healthy carbs and fat. One serving has a whopping 17g of fiber and 150 percent of the standard daily vitamin C recommendation, along with a nice dose of vitamin A, calcium, iron, and a slew of other vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Once you blend everything and pour the smoothie into glasses, layer-by-layer, sprinkle on your favorite smoothie toppers, such as chopped dried kiwi, blueberries, and shredded coconut.
Superfood Rainbow Smoothie
Makes: 2 servings
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 cup cashew milk, or your favorite nut milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 1 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 3 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 frozen banana, broken into a few chunks
- Large handful baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
Optional topping ideas: Coconut whipped cream, dried or fresh kiwi, cherries, blueberries, mango, and peach; shredded coconut, sprinkles, sliced banana
- Combine the ingredients for the blue layer in a food processor or high-powered blender. Pulse until the mixture is smooth (you may need to scrape down the sides once or twice), then pour into two glasses.
- Continue making the rainbow smoothie by blending the ingredients in each of the other layers, then pouring each mixture into the glasses. Add your favorite toppings of choice, and enjoy immediately (or after Instagramming)!
Nutrition Stats (no toppings): 490 calories, 23g fat, 8.5g saturated fat, 89g carbs, 17g fiber, 49g sugar (all natural sugars), 11g protein