This watermelon slushie recipe has zero added sugars and only one other ingredient: coconut milk. Yes, it's really that easy.
And considering all the benefits of watermelon, this is hardly an indulgence. Watermelon is super hydrating (it's about 92 percent water!) and has about one-third of your daily value of potassium, an important electrolyte. Plus, this fruit is high in vitamin C to ward off sickness and vitamin A to protect aging eyes. Watermelon is also full of lycopene, an antioxidant that may help lower cholesterol and reduce your risk of skin cancer. (Sorry, still need that SPF!)
Now that you know why you need more watermelon in your life, here's how to shake things up a bit.
Makes 2 slushies
- 4 cups seedless watermelon (rind removed), cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Place 3 cups of watermelon in an airtight container. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Place the remaining 1 cup of watermelon in the blender and blend until it becomes a juice. Refrigerate the juice.
- After 2 hours, place the frozen watermelon, watermelon juice, and coconut milk in a blender. Blend well.