- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- Prep: 6 hours
- 84mg Sodium
- 34g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 6g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 4g Protein
- 89mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
“Salad” doesn’t have to mean lettuce or kale. This carrot-based salad is as easy on the eyes as it is your waistline, with a creamy curry dressing that’s way tastier than anything you can find in a grocery store.
Appropriate for: Gluten-free, high-fiber, vegan, vegetarian diets
- For dressing:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nama shoyu (or low-sodium tamari)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- For salad:
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups snow peas, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
1. Soak cashews for at least 6 hours, then drain.
2. Toss carrots, snow peas, pineapple, raisins, and scallions in a large bowl.
3. Place all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
Recipe provided by Susan of Rawmazing.com