- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 419mg Sodium
- 54g Carbs
- 15g Fiber
- 19g Fat
- 3.5g Saturated Fat
- 15g Protein
- 149mg Calcium
- 2 teaspoons butter or olive oil
- 1 minced shallot
- 8 ounces (1 cup) sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium avocados
- 8 pieces thick wheat bread
- 4 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese (optional)
1. Heat butter or oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and kale, and sauté until wilted and warmed through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt.
2. Mash avocado flesh in a bowl with a fork. Spread some avocado on each bread slice. Top 4 slices with vegetables and cheese. Place remaining bread on top.
3. Place sandwiches in a preheated panini press or frying pan over medium high-heat. Cook about 3 minutes until bread is browned on the outside.
Recipe provided by Lindsay Ostrom of PinchOfYum.com