- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
The broccoli alfredo is the very first meal I serve when I meet a new family. Why? Because it is so quick and easy, making more time for us all to get acquainted...and it tastes amazing! Broccoli alfredo turns into a beautiful meal when you add it to a few more vegetable layers. I call this “nesting.” First make a fluffy nest of arugula on your plate that has been lightly tossed in olive oil. Inside your arugula nest, add a handful of julienned zucchini noodles. Lastly, top your first two nests with your broccoli alfredo. Garnish with some pine nuts, avocado, and a few sprigs of basil.
For more healthy recipe ideas like this one, check out my new book Eat Raw, Not Cooked.
- 4 to 5 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- Home on the Range Dressing
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- Arugula, for serving
- Olive oil, for coating
- Julienned zucchini noodles
- Pine nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Basil sprigs, for garnish (optional)
1. In a large bowl, coat broccoli florets evenly with Home on the Range Dressing. Add bell pepper and olives.
2. In a second bowl, toss arugula with a little olive oil.
3. Make a nest of arugula on a plate. Top with a smaller nest of zucchini noodles. Spoon broccoli mixture on top. Garnish with pine nuts, avocado, and a few sprigs of basil, if desired. Serve additional sauce on the side.