- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2 to 4
- Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Roll up creamy avocado, crunchy cucumber, and sweet crab for a salty, soft yet crunchy dinner or snack. If you need a visual to help make these (sushi is intimidating!), watch how to put together these rolls like a pro.
- 2 sheets nori, cut in half
- 8 ounces cooked sushi rice
- 1/4 cup toasted white sesame seeds, divided
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds, divided
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1 medium cucumber, julienned
- 2 avocados, cut into 10 1/4"-thick slices each
1. Lay 1/2 sheet nori flat on a bamboo rolling mat. (Keep a bowl of warm water nearby to wet hands, which makes rice easier to handle.) Cover nori sheet evenly from top to bottom with rice. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon each white and black sesame seeds. Flip over.
2. Place crab, cucumber, and avocado slices in a line about 1-inch thick down the center. Tightly roll bottom of nori sheet up to the top and tighten all ingredients inside. Press roll into a squared shape with bamboo mat (cover with plastic wrap to keep it from sticking to rice). Be careful not to apply too much pressure so you don’t smash avocado. Slice roll into 6 pieces. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.