- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 31mg Sodium
- 26g Carbs
- 6g Fiber
- 34g Fat
- 18g Sugars
- 5g Protein
Citrus fruits give this salad a bright and fresh flavor, while the fennel adds a hint of licorice. Serve it as a sweet but not too heavy addition to your next brunch.
- 2 large oranges
- 2 grapefruits
- 1 large or 2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Peel and trim ends from oranges and grapefruits with a sharp knife. Place a sieve over a medium bowl. Hold an orange over the bowl and, using a paring knife, cut along membrane on both sides of each segment. Free segments and let them fall into the sieve. Repeat with remaining orange and grapefruits. Squeeze membranes over the bowl to extract as much juice as possible, reserving juices. Place citrus segments and fennel in a salad bowl.
2. In a blender or bowl of a small food processor, blend together oil, basil, and 2 tablespoons reserved juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over fruit and fennel. Add chopped walnuts and toss until all ingredients are coated.
Recipe provided by GiadaWeekly.com