- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 orange, segmented, plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1/4 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 avocado, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons crushed hazelnuts (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, and sea salt. Add quinoa and orange segments, and toss to coat. Gently fold in arugula and avocado. Serve topped with crushed hazelnuts, if desired.
Recipe adapted from The Bikini Body Diet by Tara Kraft. Copyright Zinczenko/AMI Ventures, 2013.