- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 320mg Sodium
- 7g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 3.5g Fat
- 0.5g Saturated Fat
- 12g Protein
Fast-food and frozen nuggets have nothing on these delicious morsels. The crispy coating and yummy honey-mustard sauce will make them a favorite for adults and kids.
- For chicken nuggets:
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into nugget-sized pieces
- For honey mustard sauce:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. Combine water and egg in a separate medium bowl.
3. Dip each nugget in water-egg white mixture, then dip in coating, making sure each piece is well coated. Place on the baking sheet. When all nuggets are ready, bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
4. Mix sauce ingredients together in a bowl and serve with nuggets.
*Nutrition information based on 4 nuggets and 1/4 the sauce per serving.
Recipe from The Eat-Clean Diet® for Family and Kids by Tosca Reno