- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 1,163mg Sodium
- 70g Carbs
- 10g Fiber
- 13g Fat
- 6g Saturated Fat
- 26g Protein
- 170mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
Full of bold flavors, this hearty yet healthy burrito makes the perfect weekday dinner when paired with a side salad. Feel free to swap in a different protein, like pork or beef, or add in more veggies, if you prefer.
- 1 cup cooked rice, warm or at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion (white and green parts), finely sliced
- 1/2 red or green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup shredded cheese (such as a Monterey jack and sharp cheddar combo)
- 6 flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
1. Mix rice with chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. Add chicken, black beans, onion, pepper, cilantro, and lime juice.
2. Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll, leaving edges open, and slightly flatten wraps with your hand. Spray seam-side of wrap lightly with cooking spray.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet (or griddle) over medium heat for 1 minute. Arrange wraps, seam-side down, in pan or griddle and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. (Cooking them seam-side down first helps seal the long edge so they don’t fall apart.) Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve warm.