- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: less than 15 minutes
- 296mg Sodium
- 26g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 2g Fat
- 0g Saturated Fat
- 12g Protein
- 122mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup berries
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
1. In a medium mixing bowl, blend egg whites, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Place bread in batter one slice at a time and let soak for 1 minute per side.
2. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add bread and let cook about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove to a plate and top with berries, honey, sugar, and chia seeds, if desired.
*Nutrition information does not include optional toppings.
Recipe provided by The Nutrition Twins, Tammy Lakatos Shames, R.D., and Lyssie Lakatos, R.D.