- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 oregano sprigs, leaves removed from stems
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Italian parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon julienned basil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 pound gluten-free rice linguine
- 1 cup arugula
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and oregano, and sauté, stirring frequently, until a light-brown color appears, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Pour wine over garlic and cook until liquid reduces by one third. Remove from heat and stir in parsley, basil, rosemary, and sea salt.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot of boiling, salted water. When pasta is al dente, strain and rinse with cold water. Toss pasta gently in garlic-herb sauce. Serve topped with arugula and additional chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from The Bikini Body Diet by Tara Kraft. Copyright Zinczenko/AMI Ventures, 2013.