- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 30 minutes
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 375mg (16%) Sodium
- 6g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 8g (13%) Fat
- 2g (11%) Saturated Fat
- 4g Sugars
- 25g Protein
- 31mg (3%) Calcium
- 2mg (11%) Iron
This great-tasting recipe will fit in perfectly into your balanced healthy diet.
Note: Nutritional information does not include whole-wheat hamburger buns.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo, minced, plus 2 tsp adobo sauce (from 7-ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 roasted red pepper halves (bottled in water), optional
1. In a large bowl, combine turkey, carrot, chipotle chilies and adobo sauce, cilantro, cumin and salt. Mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 4 equal patties.
2. Grill or broil burgers (on a baking sheet for broiling) for 5 minutes per side, until browned on the outside and cooked through. Arrange the burgers on buns and top with roasted red peppers.