- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 8
- Start to Finish: 1 hour (plus marinating time)
- 115mg Sodium
- 17g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 26g Fat
- 6g Saturated Fat
- 38g Protein
- 27mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
Smoky, citrusy salmon topped with sweet roasted (or grilled) corn salsa is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next weekend BBQ.
- For salmon:
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons ground achiote or annatto (or paprika)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper (or regular pepper)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds salmon, cut into 6 pieces
- For corn salsa:
- 4 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, diced (or sweet pepper)
- 2 limes, juiced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. To make marinade, combine orange juice, white wine, achiote, lemon pepper, garlic, olive oil, and salt to taste in a container with an airtight lid. Shake well. Pour over fish, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. To make corn salsa, remove husks and silky hairs from corn. Use a knife to cut corn kernels from cob. Toss with oil and salt and pepper to taste, and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
4. Let corn cool. Mix with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Pre-heat grill and cook salmon to desired wellness. Serve topped with corn salsa.
Recipe provided by Laylita.com