- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 20 minutes
- 302mg Sodium
- 55g Carbs
- 9g Fiber
- 20g Fat
- 5g Saturated Fat
- 16g Protein
- 282mg Calcium
- 5mg Iron
Nothing says spring like pasta with fresh vegetables and a light dusting of Parmesan, especially when mixed with seasonal herbs like tarragon, parsley, or chives.
Appropriate for: High-fiber, low-sugar, vegetarian diets
- 1/2 box (1/2 pound) penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, tips only
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped mixed herbs (tarragon, parsley, chives)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water about 6 to 9 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
2. Saute artichoke hearts, asparagus, and bell pepper in olive oil about 3 to 5 minutes until tender. Add peas and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add pasta to the pan and toss with lemon zest and juice, herbs, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe provided by FarmFlavor.com