- Skill Level: Beginner
This is my version of America’s favorite dressing—ranch!
For more healthy recipe ideas like this one, check out my new book Eat Raw, Not Cooked.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups water (or to taste for desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar or raw honey
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
In a high-speed blender, combine cashews, oil, lemon juice, water, vinegar, agave, onion, garlic, and sal,t and blend until creamy. Add basil and dill and quick-blend until you see little flecks of green. (This creates added flavor for the eyes.) Do not overblend. Serve immediately as a dressing or dip.
Dressing thickens once chilled. Add additional water to thin it out. Makes 35 ounces.