- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: less than 30 minutes
- 86mg Sodium
- 34g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 20g Fat
- 6.5g Saturated Fat
- 20g Protein
- 133mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chicken breast (approximately 6 ounces)
- Garlic salt
- Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 6 kale leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Sea salt
- Salsa, for serving (optional)
- Guacamole, for serving (optional)
1. Bring quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil. Cover and cook until all water has evaporated, about 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into a pan. Add chicken and saute about 5 minutes until cooked through. Season to taste with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
3. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into a separate pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and kale. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Combine Greek yogurt, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sea salt to taste in a bowl until well blended.
5. Place quinoa in a separate bowl. Add vegetable mixture, chicken, garlic yogurt sauce, and salsa and guacamole, if desired.
Recipe provided by AFabLife.com