ICYMI, protein pancakes are having a moment—and for good reason. They combine two of our favorite things: warm, fluffy pancakes (obvs) and healthy eating. By DIY-ing your flapjacks, you can upgrade your breakfast to include healthy fats and protein that keep you fuller longer. (By the way, here's why it's important to have some protein in your morning meal.)
This particular recipe is a fave of super fit celeb and Shape cover girl Khloé Kardashian, who's gone from reality show star to all-around fitness influencer. (Have you seen her fitspirational Instagram posts or new show Revenge Body?) Steal this healthy recipe from her kitchen, and it's guaranteed to get your day off to a good start.
(Don't stop here. You can make protein pancakes in different ways with these drool-worthy protein pancake recipes.)
Chocolate Orange Protein Pancakes
Makes: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 mins.
Cook time: 10 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
- 2 scoops chocolate protein power (Khloe uses Protein World Slender Blend)
- 1/4 cup of almond or coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (you may need a bit more depending on consistency)
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Zest of 1 orange
- Additional toppings: mixed berries, peanut butter, honey, dark chocolate sauce (optional)
- Combine the protein powder, flour, baking powder, milk, melted coconut oil, and honey.
- Blend thoroughly until the mixture is a smooth consistency and runny, then add in orange zest and mix well.
- Set a frying pan over a medium heat and use a little coconut oil to grease the pan.
- When hot, add the mixture about two large spoonfuls at a time and cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Layer up the pancakes and serve with banana slices, berries, orange zest and any other toppings you would like.