- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: less than 45 minutes
- 563mg Sodium
- 48g Carbs
- 13g Fiber
- 10g Fat
- 3g Saturated Fat
- 21g Protein
- 219mg Calcium
- 7mg Iron
You may not think of these foods as typical burrito ingredients, but lentils, mushroom, and kale make a surprisingly delicious combination, especially when topped with creamy goat cheese. Plus you'll reap the health benefits of mushrooms, protein-packed lentils, and nutrient-filled kale.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large bunch curly kale, tough stems and ribs removed, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups canned lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
1. In a large deep skillet or pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add kale, mushrooms, and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted and mushrooms are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Add lentils and salsa and cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
2. Spoon lentil mixture down the middle of each warmed tortilla, leaving a 2-inch border on each side. Sprinkle evenly with crumbled goat cheese. Roll up like burritos.