- Serves: 10
- Start to Finish: 45 minutes
- 550mg Sodium
- 26g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 2g Fat
- 0g Saturated Fat
- 3.5g Protein
- 38mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 6 to 8 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 6 cups peeled and chopped russet potatoes
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Grated cheese, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Black pepper, for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add onions and turn heat down slightly. Saute onions for 5 to 6 minutes until softened. Add celery and continue to cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 additional minute. Add cauliflower, potatoes, and stock (stock may not cover vegetables). Stir and bring to a boil. Turn soup down to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until everything is very tender when poked with a fork.
2. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until as smooth as possible. (If using a stand blender, remove soup from heat and cool slightly before blending.) Soup will be quite thick; add water or stock as desired.
3. Serve while hot with your favorite baked potato toppings.
*Nutrition information based on soup without toppings.
Recipe provided by Food Doodles