Your new favorite go-to meal is packed with protein and can be prepped in advance to take with you on the go.
As you continue to shape up your plate (and become your Personal Best) this year, you're probably on the hunt for some more healthy meal prep lunch ideas you can bring to work. This green, nutritious take on a turkey burger, from certified nutrition specialist Jennie Miremadi, is a perfect healthy lunch idea that you won't get bored with immediately. This salad is not only packed with protein, it's a good source of healthy fat, vitamins A and K, as well as calcium. It's also loaded with avocado and grilled mushrooms and dressed in a tangy lemon-tahini dressing, so your gut and your taste buds will be equally satisfied. Get it ready tonight and avoid hangry feelings at lunchtime tomorrow. (Check out more easy, healthy lunch recipes all under 400 calories).
Turkey Burger Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing
- 1 pound ground, organic turkey breast
- 1 cup parsley, chopped and tightly packed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups organic arugula
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, packed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
- Using hands, mix ground turkey, parsley, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper in a bowl until combined. Form mixture into patties.
- Cook burger patties in skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat or grill over medium heat until cooked through; about 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in sauté pan. Add mushrooms, and cook until tender and golden.
- To make the dressing: Add ingredients to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend until emulsified. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toss arugula lightly with dressing to coat and divide into four separate packable containers.
- Place burger patty on top of arugula and layer shiitake mushrooms and avocado on top.
- Drizzle a little more lemon-tahini dressing on top of entire bowl, as desired. Serve and enjoy.