- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4 to 6
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- For veggie burgers:
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- To serve:
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Avocado, halved and thinly sliced
- Dijon mustard
- Organic ketchup
1. In a food processor, combine chickpeas, shallots, oats, walnuts, cumin, lemon juice, parsley, and soy sauce, and pulse for approximately 1 minute until completely combined. Transfer to a medium bowl. Shape mixture into 6 patties approximately 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick.
2. In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Sear 3 patties for approximately 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and heated through. Repeat with remaining olive oil and patties.
3. To serve, place patties on Bibb lettuce leaves, and top with tomato and avocado slices and a touch of Dijon mustard and organic ketchup.
Recipe adapted from The Bikini Body Diet by Tara Kraft. Copyright Zinczenko/AMI Ventures, 2013.