- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: less than 2 hours
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour
- 723mg Sodium
- 12g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 6g Fat
- 3g Saturated Fat
- 3g Sugars
- 34g Protein
- 254mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed well to remove any excess water
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces (1 cup) grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine turkey, spinach, onion, bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, egg whites, salt, and pepper. Mix well with a wooden spoon (or your clean hands).
2. Press half of mixture into an 8-inch loaf pan. Top with mozzarella cheese. Press remaining turkey mixture over top and flatten to make an even layer.
3. Whisk together ketchup and mustard, and spread over prepared meatloaf.
4. Bake 1 hour until top is golden and loaf has pulled slightly away from sides of pan. Let stand 10 minutes, then slice to serve.