- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4 to 6
- Start to Finish: 2 hours to overnight
Bored with your breakfast? Perk up your morning meal with this superfood-filled chia seed pudding. With creamy peanut butter and decadent dark chocolate, it's sweet enough to double as dessert. For 100+ simple and healthy breakfast recipes, check out my new book, Clean Green Drinks!
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, agave, or honey
- 3 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter (such as Justin's or another organic brand)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup light canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips
1. Combine sweetener of choice and peanut butter in large mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine. Slowly stream in almond and coconut milk and whisk to combine. Fold in chia seeds and chocolate chips.
2. Carefully pour mixture into 4 to 6 sealable mason jars and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to overnight to allow to set. (Chia seeds will absorb liquid, thicken, and expand to naturally create a creamy pudding-like texture.)
3. Serve chilled with toppings of choice, such as fresh fruit, nuts, or seeds.