- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 650mg Sodium
- 53g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 12g Fat
- 3g Saturated Fat
- 10g Protein
- 105mg Calcium
- 4mg Iron
These light little pillows of pumpkin are perfect for a date night dinner this fall. Finish these rich bites of gnocchi with fresh sage and Parmesan Reggiano cheese. You can freeze leftovers in a resealable bag for up to six months.
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for shaping
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
1. Place pumpkin in a medium mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, mix in egg yolks and then sift in 1 cup flour. Add nutmeg and salt and fold together. Sift in remaining 1 cup flour and gently fold in until just combined. Take extra care not to over-mix so dough doesn't get overworked. Using your hands, form dough into a ball.
2. Liberally flour your work surface and place dough on it. Divide dough ball into six equal pieces. Flour your hands and roll each piece into a 3/4-inch-wide rope. Using a pizza cutter, bench knife, or butter knife, slice rope crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide pieces. Transfer gnocchi to a floured rimmed baking sheet and repeat rolling and slicing remaining dough.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add about 20 gnocchi. Boil until gnocchi float up to the surface, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove gnocchi from water and place in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with more sea salt, if desired. Repeat with remaining gnocchi.
4. Serve topped with sage and Parmesan-Reggiano.