- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: 1 1/2 hours
- 41mg Sodium
- 29g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 18g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 14g Sugars
- 8g Protein
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter (such as almond, peanut, or sunflower seed)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 dates, soaked
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon raw peppermint extract
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon raw vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw cocoa nibs
1. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Mix nut butter and cocoa powder in a food processor or high-speed blender for about 1 minute until a smooth consistency is achieved. Add dates, salt, vanilla, and peppermint extract, and mix on high for another minute (you may need to stop and scrape the sides down). Press mixture into pan and freeze for 30 minutes. Cut into 8 even square "cookies," remove from pan, and store in freezer until ready for use.
2. Place bananas, mint, and vanilla extract in a blender, and blend for 45 seconds until smooth. Add cocoa nibs and blend for another 10 seconds.
3. Place four cookie squares onto a pan lined with parchment paper. Spoon a dollop of frozen banana mixture onto each cookie, then top with another cookie. Place back in freezer for at least another 30 minutes. Store in freezer until ready to serve.
*Nutrition information calculated using almond butter.