- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 1 hour
- Prep: 12 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- 543mg Sodium
- 48g Carbs
- 3g Fiber
- 8g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 4g Sugars
- 33g Protein
- 141mg Calcium
- 5mg Iron
- 1 pound of jumbo shrimp (about 16 to 20), cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 pound of parpadelle or spaghetti
- One pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil for the spaghetti. Once water boils, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add shrimp and garlic and stir-fry for about 4 minutes until the shrimp is barely pink.
3. Add tomatoes to the skillet and cook until they break down, about 7-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Toss shrimp mixture together with cooked pasta in a medium bowl. Divide on to four dinner plates or large bowls and top each serving with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
One serving = 4 to 5 shrimp + 1 ½ cup pasta with tomatoes