- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
Amount per serving:
Total Calories: 258
- 9mg Sodium
- 63g Carbs
- 6g Fiber
- 1g Fat
- 0g Saturated Fat
- 45g Sugars
- 3g Protein
- 44mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
Choose the best buy of the day for your fruit compote, be it peaches, nectarines, or apples.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and sliced into 8 wedges each
- 1/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spread oats on a baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden, shaking the pan halfway through cooking to promote even toasting; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Set pan over medium heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wire whisk. Add apple slices and raisins, cover and simmer 5 minutes, until apples are tender.
3. Spoon compote into four individual bowls; top with toasted oats.