- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- Prep: 10 minutes
- 1335mg Sodium
- 67g Carbs
- 12g Fiber
- 4 Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 9g Sugars
- 14g Protein
- 88mg Calcium
- 4mg Iron
This nutritious, textured salad is high in fiber and protein. With red peppers in the mix, it's also packed with vitamin C.
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 ears (about 1 cup) fresh, raw corn , kernels sliced off cob
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-chili paste
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Makes approximately 6 cups in total.
Tip: Round out the meal with some whole-wheat pita bread (simply spoon the salad into a half-pocket) and a dessert of juicy watermelon wedges.