- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 15 minutes
- Prep: 7 minutes
- Cook: 7 minutes
- 587mg Sodium
- 69g Carbs
- 11g Fiber
- 21g Fat
- 3g Saturated Fat
- 9g Sugars
- 26g Protein
- 840mg Calcium
- 6mg Iron
- 1 16-ounce package Asian frozen vegetable medley mix
- 3 cups "10-minute" instant cooked brown rice
- 1 16-ounce block firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup bottled Szechwan sauce
- 1/2 cup water
1, Prepare brown rice according to directions on box. While rice is cooking, cut tofu into 1-inch chunks. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add tofu and brown on all sides (about 1-2 minutes). Remove from pan and place on a serving platter.
3. Add Szechwan sauce and water to pan. Stir until combined, then add frozen vegetables, stirring often until vegetables are cooked through (about 3-4 minutes). Add more sauce or water if needed.
4. Pour over tofu. Ladle stir-fry mixture over brown rice. Serve immediately.
Want to boost the nutrition even more? Stir in 2 cups of frozen baby spinach and 2 cups of frozen chopped carrots along with frozen veggies. You'll add 20 calories, 2g fiber, 37mg calcium, folate, vitamin A, magnesium, and iron. Stir in 1/2 pound of medium-raw frozen shrimp along with vegetables to add 61 calories, 1g fat, 12g protein, 22mg calcium, and zinc.