- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 to 15 minutes
- 333mg Sodium
- 89g Carbs
- 17g Fiber
- 9g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 8g Sugars
- 16g Protein
- 141mg Calcium
- 5mg Iron
- 2 large (about 12 ounces each) unpeeled russet potatoes, washed and patted
- 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno, or to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 scant teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado blended with 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt to taste
1. Pierce each potato several times with a fork, then place directly in microwave oven and cook approximately 10-15 minutes depending on potato size (if doing one potato it should only take about 7 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, black beans, jalapeno, olive oil and lime juice in a large bowl. In a small nonstick skillet, toast the cumin at medium heat until it releases its scent, about 20 seconds. Add toasted cumin and salt to the tomato-bean mixture, stirring to blend. Set aside.
3. To serve, cut potatoes in half lengthwise and fluff baked flesh with a fork. Top each half with 1/2 cup salsa, 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 tablespoon avocado. Sprinkle with cilantro.
*Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.