- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 1 hour
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1289mg Sodium
- 8g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 14g Fat
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 4g Sugars
- 24g Protein
- 73mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
- 1 pound large raw fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Cajun blackened seasoning for seafood
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 6-inch whole-wheat submarine rolls
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp butter or margarine, divided
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers, thinly-sliced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
1. Toss the shrimp and Cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and lime juice; mix well. Set aside.
3. Split the submarine rolls. Pull out centers of the roll halves, leaving a 1-inch shell at the edges and a 1/2-inch at the bottoms. (The roll centers can be reserved for later use, such as making bread crumbs.) Set the rolls aside.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Remove the shrimp from skillet and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium. Add remaining butter to the skillet. Add peppers and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another 5 minutes or until peppers are tender.
5. Spread 2 teaspoons of the mayonnaise mixture in each roll bottom. Spoon pepper-garlic mixture evenly into roll bottoms. Spoon shrimp evenly over the pepper-garlic mixture.
6. Drizzle the remaining mayonnaise mixture evenly over shrimp, and cover with roll tops. Serve immediately.
*Nutritional information does not include whole-wheat submarine rolls.